Groupon's Bliss & Grace Brush Set

So I've been browsing the app, Groupon, for a while now and I wasn't sure if I was going to order anything from it or not. I didn't know if it actually worked or how reliable it was. Finally a friend bought an item from Groupon. She received it and was quite happy with it. It actually made me feel more comfortable with the app.

I decided to go for the Bliss & Grace brush set that I kept seeing every time I browsed the app. I first googled the brand name to check if it was a real company and real item. I found their website and checked their prices. I discovered that their brush sets are pretty pricey, indeed. The set that I bought in particular is listed for $149.99 and I on Groupon it's sold for $21.99, of course I couldn't let it go by anymore. 32pc brush set for $21.99?! And original price is how much?! It was just too good to resist.




First let me be completely honest and say that I don't consider these brushes to be worth their original price. Yes, you get tons of brushes but the quality isn't worth that much money. The quality is ok. You can definitely tell that they're synthetic brushes from the second you see them. The bristles are shiny and very firm, too firm for my taste. They did feel kind of soft against the skin when I tried them out with eyeshadow. They pick up the eyeshadow powder pretty well and apply ok.

As far as shedding, the big fan brushes shed easily and couple more shedded when I intentionally tried to pull on the bristles. Most of the other brushes do not shed.


One thing that I like about this brush set is how tall the brushes are, they're easy to hold and feel good in your hands. Another thing that I like is that the set includes interesting tools that I've never used before. (See second pic below)


What I'm hoping for is that maybe by washing them,  they will get softer and not feel so fake. Overall, these brushes are not anything amazing and not worth the high price of $149.99. They are ok to average quality. Also the fake leather bag the brushes came in had a very bad smell.

Cons & Pros:

Cons:
-  Over priced
- Some brushes shed easily
- Bag smells bad
- Obviously Synthetic
- Feels synthetic
-  Bristles too Firm

Pros:
- Tall brushes
- good Variety of brushes & tools
- Most brushes don't shed
- Well packaged

Please note that this review is based on my personal preference and experience. I don't mean to offend anyone, just giving my honest opinions and review for those who are thinking of buying these brushes but are not sure.

Thanks for reading! Hope I was helpful.

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment